- 1/2 cup chocolate vegan protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut (+ a bit extra for sprinkling)
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 56g dark chocolate (at least 75% dark)
- 12 raw almonds
- A few drops liquid stevia (optional, depending on how sweet you like it)
Each one these tasty bars has 14g of protein, and creating them is as simple as mixing ingredients in a bowl. Pro tip: To keep the sugar as low as possible, use the darkest chocolate you can find.
Photo and recipe credit: Myra Mingo at the Happy Health Freak.
1. In a medium bowl, add protein powder, coconut flour, almond milk, shredded coconut, cocoa powder, and stevia if using.
2. Mix well with your hands, and form 4 bars. The mixture should not be crumbly, and should hold together well. If it’s too crumbly, add a small amount of almond milk until the right consistency is reached, and you can form a solid bar.
3. Add 3 almonds on top of each bar, place on a baking sheet, and put in the freezer.
4. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate either in a bain-marie or microwave. Once the chocolate is melted, remove from heat.
5. Remove the bars from the freezer, and drizzle the chocolate evenly on top of the 4 bars. Sprinkle each bar with a bit more coconut, and place back into the freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
6. Remove from freezer, and wrap each one in cellophane or store in an airtight container. Keep refrigerated.
BY SPENSER MESTEL