Instagram sensation and fitness expert Paige Hathaway shares her favorite 5-minute routine for the core and lower body. “Adding a stability ball increases the challenge, but you’ll get a bigger payoff,” says the Muscle & Fitness Hers contributing expert.
How it works:
Do exercises in order for 45 seconds, taking a five-second break between moves.
1. Wall Ball Squat
- Stand with stability ball against a wall behind back, feet hip distance.
- Squat down, rolling ball down wall.
- Roll ball back up.
2. Knee Tuck
- Begin in pushup position,feet on ball, and hands on floor under shoulders.
- Pull ball toward chest, keeping abs tight; roll back to start.
3. Lunge Twist
- Hold ball with arms extended.
- Lunge forward with left leg, bending both knees 90 degrees; rotate torso and ball toward left.
- Step back to start and repeat on opposite side.
4. Pulse Pop Squat
- Hold ball overhead, arms extended.
- Jump feet wide out to sides while squatting down.
- Pulse down twice with two small hops, then jump feet together and stand up.
- Continue, keeping ball overhead throughout.
5. Ball Handoff
- Lie faceup on floor, holding ball overhead.
- Pass ball to legs.
- While holding ball, bring legs toward floor while reaching arms overhead.
- Repeat, passing ball from legs to hands.
- Continue passing ball off.
6. Hamstring Ball Curl
- Lie faceup on floor, heels on ball.
- Lift hips into a bridge.
- Pull ball toward body, using hamstrings.
- Straighten legs; repeat.
Follow her on Instagram at @PaigeHathaway.
By Muscle and Fitness Hers Editors