Trainer: Caroline Ficksman, training manager at David Barton Gym Century City, Los Angeles
Do a 3-minute warmup: 2 rounds of 10 inchworms, 10 burpees, 10 jump squats. Try to do all three exercises with no rest, taking a 45-second rest between rounds. For the workout, adjust the rebounder trampoline to a low height.
- Rebounder medicine ball slam (1 min.): Keeping hips square to rebounder, rotate torso toward rebounder and slam ball, trying to catch it as you rotate away, and keeping your eye on the ball. Rest 30 sec.
- TRX reverse mountain climber (1 min.): Sit underneath the TRX and hook your feet into the straps. Place your palms flat on the floor, fingertips facing butt. Lift hips and chest, keeping shoulders back. Bring your right knee to chest extending your left leg out; switch legs as soon as you get your balance, increase momentum for 1 min. Rest 30 sec.
- Three-way kettlebell swing (30 seconds): each; rest up to 30 sec. between moves
- A. Two-handed, ending parallel to the floor
- B. Single-arm bell swings, switching hands as bell is at chest height
- C. Two-handed overhead bell swing
- Box jump 1 minute; rest 30 seconds.
- Monkey bar chinup into knee raise 1 minute; rest 30 seconds
- Overhead medicine ball throw 1 minute, 15 seconds rest
- Stepup with hip swing 2 minutes. Go as fast as you can for 1 minute. Switch sides immediately and repeat for 1 minute. Rest 15 seconds
- TRX pushup into pike 1 minute; rest 15 seconds
- Dip 1 minute; rest 15 seconds
- Three-way kettlebell swing repeat 30 seconds each; rest up to 30 seconds between moves.
BY CAT PERRY