These Chocolate Truffles are the perfect bite-size dessert made healthier with a secret (and super-surprising) ingredient: pureed cauliflower. Trust me, it totally works. This recipe for creamy truffles is naturally gluten-free and vegan-friendly, and counts as a veggie. What other dessert has that bragging right?
CREAMY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
PREP TIME: 45 min.
- 1 cup plain cauliflower
- ½ Tbsp butter
- Splash of heavy cream
- pinch salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dark)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Splash of vanilla extract
1. Boil or steam the cauliflower florets until tender. Use a potato masher or a food processor to turn them into a mashed potato texture.
2. Melt the butter, and stir into the cauliflower. Add a splash of heavy cream, and salt to season.
3. Melt chocolate chips in a double broiler or use a microwave at 30-second intervals.
4. Combine mashed cauliflower with melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract, and mix well.
5. Leave in the fridge for 30-45 minutes, or until the mixture firms up.
6. Roll about a tablespoon of the cauliflower mixture into small balls.
7. Roll balls into toppings of your choice. I mixed instant coffee powder and unsweetened cocoa.
8. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.